Saturday, November 26, 2011

Goth? Grunge? Or Law School Finals Look?


I am not a stick thin model, working the catwalk for my living. However, in spite of nearly three weeks to go before my first exam, I DO look like Kate Moss after an all nighter with Marc Jacobs (pre 12 steps that is). These bags and circles under my eyes remind me of the days of traveling pre-911. If I look this way after my first semester, what exactly am I going to look like after the Bar exam? And that question is meant purely rhetorically cause I really don't want to know.

Just like the catering the law libraries should provide (to make the school an even bigger cash cow than it is), I think at the very least there should be some discounts from a local spa. Better yet -- provide one on campus. Again, talk about a captive audience. And with some creative accounting, I am sure we can find someplace for them on our financial aid forms. I mean, do they really want to send grads out into the world looking like something from the AMC's hit THE WALKING DEAD? Bad enough Lawyers got the rep they got, but flesh eating zombie is a phrase I would love to avoid being tossed my way.

5 comments:

  1. i'd feel your pain, but...
    sure, my online school means attending in your pjs or less. But, my schoolmates (all over 40) are scattered across the country and we will never meet. Our video instructor is 24 and dances for us on his webcam because he's had too much red bull.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bitch, bitch, bitch...and Kate Moss is fat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dances on the webcam? is that on youtube?

    ReplyDelete
  4. George!!! talk about a long distance email. Apparently they have WiFi where you are these days. Thanks for drilling those definitions into our heads. I am sitting here right now using the same techniques for learning the elements of all these crimes. Who knew they would be this detailed. apparently the profs don't like it when you describe the robbery as he stuck a gun in my face and i turned over my wallet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I rocked the homeless look during law finals - shaving falls completely to the wayside and showers were optional.

    ReplyDelete