Monday, November 7, 2011

I have succumbed to the free pizza.

I tried. I really did. But the temptation was just too great. Free food after days without cash. Its not that there isn't money in the bank -- i just can't find the time to get to the ATM. Its across the street from the library and all, but the library just acts like a vortex and I can't escape.

The school throughs these student activities meetings all day -- and in order to get you out of your studying stupor, they tempt you with free food. We are graduate students after all right? Most of us can't boil water much less fix oatmeal. Free food is what keeps us going. Except me. I would religiously go up to the (mediocre) cafeteria for their salad bar. Gotta keep that first year ten off my (slightly) older than the rest of them's ass.

But the temptation was too great -- and my bankcard had cracked. Free pizza it was. Now everyday I hunt down the freebies, justifying it with the fact that I am saving money, but in reality its about the win. You see, battles are won few and far between in law school; you have to take those wins where you can. And I, well I am taking mine out on the free pizza. By taking the free pizza, I feel like, today anyways, I have won. Small victories matter these days.

Let's review:

1. Apparently I get my mail at the library.
2. I can't even make time for ATM runs -- lord knows what the rest of my life looks like.
3. And I think by swiping a few slices of pizza I have achieved a victory.

Welcome to my first year. Hopefully next semester they teach a class on regaining your dignity.

No comments:

Post a Comment