Tuesday, January 3, 2012

It Took me TWO WHOLE WEEKS to finally relax -- and School Starts in a week

UGH. Is this going to be the rest of my life? That i will constantly be sleep depraved -- and in a constant state of fear? And I paid HOW MUCH for this? more UGH. I have also begun the "great summer internship search" - otherwise known as the "why am i working this hard for free, again?" With the economy in such high gear, internships are the new entry level jobs. If you look close at want ads, they usually go like this -- "internship", "2-3 years experience", and "3-5" years experience. When they have completely exhausted the in-house talent, you get lucky and see "5-7" years experience, that is if you can survive the job search of almost a year. Notice there are no advertisements for "7+". That category has seemed to drop off the radar.

I guess what I am most bitter about is the only way i have achieved this state of nirvana is through Nyquil. Yup, I spent the better part of my only time off until mid May in bed, covered in Vicks, and sneezing every ten minutes. This all because of an early morning flight to the family in New York. Apparently, sleeping only two hours before a cross country Continental flight in which i felt like a veal calf in a crate, is not the best thing to do while still coming down from my law school "high".

I have six precious days left, I have relaxed this "vacation" only through the help of Nyquil, and my eyes hurt at the thought of reading the Torts assignment.

Please pass the Visine and Nyquil.

No comments:

Post a Comment